Welcome to Ocracoke United Methodist Church!
We are so happy that you are considering us for your special event! We are located in the village of Ocracoke on Ocracoke Island in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
We have two facilities that are available for usage. Our historic Recreation Hall that is perfect for family gatherings and meals; and our newly renovated
Church building with multiple classrooms and spacious sanctuary!
Below are all relevant rules, prices, and reservation form for booking our facility.
Ocracoke UMC Prices for 2023-24
Refundable deposit: $200 USD
Fee for Main Building: $400 USD
Fee for Recreation Hall: $200 USD
Fee for Both Buildings: $500 USD
Cleaning Fee: $150 USD
Total Fee for both buildings after refunded deposit: $650 USD
OUMC Facility Rules for Weddings
• No Guns, Knifes, or explosives are allowed onto OUMC Properties.
• No Sparklers, firecrackers, or fireworks are to be used on OUMC Properties.
• No alcoholic Beverages are allowed on the premises
Day of Event:
• Reservation holders are allowed onto the property starting at 8:00am the day of the event to start setting up decorations.
• Decorations may be delivered early to the church with prior written authorization.
• Pews may not be moved or adjusted.
• We ask that no decorations are attached to the walls of the church. • For questions regarding this, please contact the Trustee Chair. • Upon completion of day, we ask that all decorations and attendees find their way to proper accommodations no later than 11:00p. • We do have limited tables and chairs available for use during your event. We ask that you return them to where you found them upon completion of your event.
• We know that it is common practice to hold rehearsals the day before a wedding and we welcome that practice!
• We ask that you notify the pastor of OUMC or the Trustee Chair at least 3 days before the day you hope to have the rehearsal of times so that cleaning and other church business can be scheduled around your rehearsal. Last minute requests may be difficult to honor, so please plan accordingly and communicate requests as early as possible.